Saturday, September 4, 2010

Mrs. America Interview

Today is the first part of the competition. Tamara Mathews did a phenomenal job on my make-up. I loved being able to sit in a chair and let her work her magic. If you need a great make-up artist, check out her website at http://www.letmemakeyoubeautiful.com/. Frankie Simmons-North did my hair and I loved how soft and natural it looked.


Interviews were 1-on-1. We went in as a group of 5. Mrs. SC, Mrs. SD, Mrs. TN and Mrs. UT were all in my group. I think each one of these ladies is beautiful from the inside out. The interviews were a little more informal than I was expecting. Each judged greeted me with a handshake and a warm hello. Some of the judges wanted to start the interview talking and some of the others let me do my intro. I tried to feel it out as I went along. I think overall I did a good job of showing them my personality.


We finished the night off with rehearsals. My parents and John’s parents arrived today. I was able to chit chat with them after we were done with rehearsal. They were all excited to be there and anxious to hear how my interview went. It felt wonderful to have them all there. I am blessed to have such a supportive and loving family!!!