Saturday, September 18, 2010

Miss North Texas Pageant


I finished with the Frisco Miracle League, ran home to take a shower and then drove to Fort Worth to judge a pageant. Faith (2nd runner-up at Mrs. Texas) and her parents held a local, Miss North Texas, for the Miss Texas America Organization. You know you are a really beauty queen when you can go from being on the ball fields in 90 degree weather to judging a pageant in a cocktail dress. The contestants had phenomenal interviews. Although I was judging the miss division, I was extremely impressed with the talent level of the teens. We crowned Kelly Dillard as Miss North Texas and Tiffany Weeks as Miss Trinity River. I wish these ladies a ton of success at Miss Texas.

Mrs. Massachusetts, Jamie Leigh Bourque, also attended the pageant. She is a former Miss Texas competitor. I loved having a fellow Mrs. Lady there with me. We were both a little tired from the day, so we decided to meet for brunch the following morning!