Sunday, September 19, 2010

Breakfast with Mrs. MA and the Plano Balloon Festival

I met Jamie Leigh Bourque, Mrs. Massachusetts, for breakfast at IHOP. Where else would pageant girls go for brunch after they are done competing? We had such a fun time talking about Mrs. America and the different experiences we had there. I also enjoyed hearing more about her family. I wish we would have had a chance to meet everyone’s husbands and families. We gave each other hugs goodbye hoping to see each other again soon.



In the early evening, I drove over to the Plano Balloon Festival. This was their 31st annual non-profit event. John and I tried to go on Friday, but with him being very under the weather and Mother Nature not cooperating we ended up heading home early. Today was a different story!! It was hot!! I arrived just in time to watch the skydivers jump out of the plane. It just made me want to go skydiving again that much more. Mother Nature decided to visit again with some winds up around 2,000 feet. The best part was they inflated all the balloons and then opened up the fields for us to walk around and see the balloons up close. I absolutely loved every minute of it!!! It was a photographers dream and a huge playground for the kids. I had brought John’s professional camera with me and was able to get some really fun shots. I can’t wait to come back next year!