Friday, July 9, 2010

Orientation and House

Our hotel room was freezing cold this morning. We tried to turn it up and off, but nothing made it stop running. It stayed on 64 degrees! It is not easy to get out of bed in a dark, cold hotel room. I am jealous that John gets to sleep in.

I had to drive by the office and drop off my computer before I went to orientation. I was pleasantly surprised with the effort the CCAR puts into their orientation. We did introductions with some of the vendors there and then an educational officer spoke for thirty minutes. The city of Plano employees him and his partner to spend each day providing education on how citizens can stay safe and prevent crime. He was an entertaining speaker with a hysterical sense of humor. I will definitely find a way to attend some of his seminars! The rest of the time went by pretty quickly. I left with a new certificate and a shiny pin.

John was already sitting in the lobby of the hotel when I got there. Poor thing was so cold in the hotel room that he checked out early. We headed back to the office to pick up my computer and make a counteroffer on our house. Matt had us fill out to front pages to the contract trying to predict whether they would accept our counteroffer or not.

We got back in the car and started heading back to Orange. We had stopped at Buc-ees to get gas and use some of the cleanest restrooms in Texas (this is what they are known for) when I received a call from Matt. The sellers had accepted our counteroffer. We have a house!!!!