Thursday, July 1, 2010

Interview

It is interview day. I had to cancel my class this morning so we could get up to McKinney in time for my interview. It is a five and half hour drive one-way! John drove us up there so I could try and focus during the drive.

We made it to the hotel. John crawled in bed while I got dressed for my interview. That just didn’t seem fair!! I made my way to the Keller Williams office. It is located in the castle at the Croatian village. I think this is meant to be. Shouldn’t a queen work out of a castle?

Matt met me immediately and we went upstairs for my interview. I loved the questions he was asking. We talked a lot about community involvement and volunteering. We touched on my goals and ambitions. He talked about the training, coaching and support they provide to each agent. I was hooked and ready to start immediately! He gave me a tour of the office and then I started filling out my paperwork to get started. Within an hour and a half, I had a job! As I finished up all my paperwork, Matt asked me if there was anything else I wanted to do. I replied back, “Yes, I need to buy a house!” The look on his face was priceless. If he had any doubt whether I was serious about moving, my response sealed the deal. We scheduled an appointment a few hours later so John could join us also.

I left my new office on cloud nine. I could truly see God’s work in action! I picked up John and we went to a little wine bar around the corner from my office to have a celebration drink. Then we had another drink of liquid courage so we could go make an offer on the house. Matt met us at the house first so we could walk around it one more time. Yep, there was no doubt that we still wanted it. We all headed back to the office and Matt helped me fill out the contract on the house. I wonder how many new agents fill out a house contract within hours of starting.

John and I headed back to the hotel with our heads spinning. We had a ton of questions and uncertainty, but no way to answer any of those questions. We will just have to wait and see what God has in store for us next.