Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tucson Bound

It is time to put all my hours of preparation to work! I had a relaxing morning getting ready. John loaded all my bags into the car and dropped me off at the airport. I can’t even begin to tell you how nice it is to only drive 35 minutes to the airport, instead of 2 hours! Alyssa, Mrs. Oklahoma was already waiting at the gate when I arrived. Samantha, Mrs. Kansas, joined us a little while later. We all 3 feel very fortunate to have Tracy as our director. Mrs. Ohio was also on our flight. The flight crew was very sweet to all of us and they even wished us luck over the PA system.

We were in a little bit of predicament when we tried to fit all or our luggage, 4 titleholders and Mrs. Ohio’s travel companion in the minivan. Alyssa and I pretty much sat on each other’s laps for the 45 minute drive from the airport to the hotel.

We stepped out of the van and were immediately grabbed by the photographer for pictures. This is why they tell you to always be ready! When we went to check in to our rooms, they had us on opposite sides of the hotel. We were supposed to have adjoining rooms. It took some time for them to rearrange us, but it was well worth the wait to be next to Alyssa and Sam. We checked in with the Mrs. America staff and received our sashes, competition swimsuits, opening number dresses and shoes.

Audrey, who was Miss AZ when I was Miss DC, and her mom brought me a steamer later in the afternoon. We had free time, so I was able to join them for a bite to eat. The 3 of us are all business partners with Rodan + Fields Dermatology, the Doctors of ProActiv. If you are looking for a way to Change your skin and Change your life, check out my websites; for products http://www.blogger.com/www.spatterson.myrandf.com and for business opportunities http://www.blogger.com/www.spatterson.myrandf.biz.


We attended an orientation dinner where we had our first chance to meet all of the ladies. Everyone was full of energy and all dressed up. We had a chance to introduce ourselves and meet everyone on the Mrs. America Board. You could feel the excitement in the room. I am very impressed by how composed and beautiful all the ladies are! After dinner, we headed straight back to the room. We have an early wakeup call in the morning.