Sunday, August 29, 2010

Packing for Mrs. America

I am finally packing for Mrs. America. I shipped my state costume, the Yellow Rose of Texas, and state gifts earlier this week. I was hoping to send some of my wardrobe also, but it just didn’t happen. I think the biggest part of the room in my suitcases is being taken up by shoes. Every pageant girl knows that you can’t take 3 pairs of shoes to the pageant. I think I am taking 3 different pairs just for stage.

After a lot of thought and careful consideration, it looks like I will be able to fit everything into 2 suitcases that will not be overweight. I am carrying my competition gown and interview outfit on the airplane. I have never lost my luggage, but I didn’t want to chance it and have a first. I feel like I have everything together. If I forget something, I know that I can have John bring it out with him.

I have to say that practice does make things a lot less stressful. This round of packing was much easier then when I packed for Miss America.