Saturday, August 7, 2010

Red Cross of Orange

Today is the Red Cross’s Annual Golf Tournament Fundraiser. The coordinator for the even allowed me to take over one of their beverage tents out on the golf course. I asked some of my ladies from my fitness class and my family if they would give up their Saturday morning to help me out. They were sweet enough to say yes.

The Red Cross is especially dear to our community because of their relief efforts after Hurricane Ike. They offered 3 meals a day, water and much needed supplies to the community. These families were struggling with their houses going under several feet of water and losing almost everything they owned. In return, this was one of the most successful fundraisers they have had and I was honored to be a part of it. My husband even had a chance to fill-in for a friend last minute.