Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Brother's Wedding

John’s dad was sweet enough to drive us to FL. He was definitely the reason we arrived in safe and sound. Our condo was perfect and the beaches were incredible. There was not a drop of oil insight. It seemed like we blinked our eyes and it was already Thursday.


The rehearsal was short and sweet. My parents did an awesome job on the rehearsal dinner. My mom worked for hours and hours on a slide show of Matt and Becky. It was the highlight of the night.


The day of the wedding started off with plenty of sunshine. As the day went on, we were surrounded by rain clouds. I was in my element fixing my niece’s hair and applying Becky’s matron of honor’s make-up. We did all of Matt’s pictures inside and the rain let up enough for Becky to have her photos outside. It started to drizzle right before the wedding and Becky had to make a decision whether to have the wedding as planned or move it inside. She decided to go ahead as planned and we all cheered her on! God must have been listening because the rain stopped the moment the wedding started. The ceremony was beautiful. I loved when they filled the vase with two different colors of sand to represent their union as one. The reception was a blast. We danced until we couldn’t dance anymore. Before we knew it, we were wishing Matt and Becky on their way to happily ever after!

I am blessed to have a wonderful family and I am thrilled to have such a great new sister!