Saturday, June 26, 2010

Business and Pleasure

I can’t believe how much we just packed into one weekend. We saw some great locations for John’s baseball academy. We worked on designs until we couldn’t hold our eyes open any longer. The next morning immediately started off with meetings and number crunching at Lane's house. We worked as hard and as long as we could until our minds could not do anymore.

We took a little break to go look at some houses we had been viewing online. An agent named Cheryl came to meet us at the house. We immediately fell in love with the house. It had everything we were looking for and more. Cheryl was very interested in our backgrounds and somehow we got on the topic of me having my real estate license. She immediately started pitching Keller Williams to me and that I should join her agency when we move. It was definitely a huge possibility since they are the number one agency in McKinney.

We went back by Lane's house so I could work on a project with his youngest son, Ty. Ty is going into kindergarden this fall and Tammy was concerned about him learning his A,B,C's, colors, shapes and numbers. I had picked up some supplies earlier that morning so Ty and I could put together a little game to help learn a little faster. Ty is one smart little boy. Tammy doesn't have anything to worry about.

We went back to our hotel for about an hour. I started working on my Mrs. America paperwork while John passed out. We met Faith and her husband, Cameron, for dinner. Faith and I became good friends at the pageant. We had a fun dinner together. Before we knew it, five hours had flown by. It was great to see her again and meet her other half!