Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas in Florida

We drove back to McKinney on the 26th and then caught a flight to Florida to spend the rest of the holiday with my family. Mom loves having everyone together and she even cooked another traditional dinner especially for John and me. My oldest brother Sam and his wife Farrah have been building a house. We went down and checked it out. The house is close to being down, so we were really able to get a feel of what the finished product is going to look like. They have put a lot of special details into the house. I am very excited for them!!

We were also able to see some of my cousins before we left town. My mom’s side of the family used to have a very traditional sit down dinner every Christmas at my grandparent’s house. It would range from 30 to over 40 people. My mom is one of seven. All of her brothers and sister would attend every year with their families. It was an organized chaos, but we loved the opportunity to see everyone. It has been a hard tradition to let go of, so I still try and see some of my cousins when we are home.