Saturday, November 13, 2010

Rebecca's Birthday Dinner

Doug and Cheryl came up to visit us this weekend. This is the first weekend we all had available. Rebecca’s birthday is today and I have an amazing meal planned for everyone. I love cooking for special occasions and have been tweaking the menu all week trying to make it perfect for her. We started with appetizers around 4:30. I had bought some fresh ahi tuna that was perfect for the tuna tartar. The French onion soup was extremely good, but I definitely need some different soup bowls. The Caesar salad was the only thing I didn’t make from scratch and I should have! We had a big break between the first few courses and the main entrée. I was definitely a little over ambitious with my selections. I made wasabi-crusted ahi tuna, macadamia-crusted tilapia with a white chocolate buerre blanc, truffle mac n’ cheese and green bean with toasted almonds. It didn’t seem like that much of a challenge until I was trying to see how many burners and ovens I could use at one time!! All I can say is that it was worth the stress and time. Dinner turned out amazing!!!! The only problem is we didn’t have stomachs big enough to even touch the amount of food on our plates!! We waited an hour before we even attempted to eat the cheesecake and chocolate covered strawberries. I had so much fun cooking for everyone. Now, I need another special occasion to celebrate!!